[Sussex] Is this a "cop out" ?

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Fri Jan 9 18:14:31 UTC 2004

I am running Outlook 2000 quite "happily" (in the sense that it works)
from my Linux desktop using CrossOver Office, so I'm not sure what the
problem would be in using this a short-term solution until something else
could be put in place.

And, yes, I'm sure that the right shared calendar application could be
found to run under Linux.

<quote>Gary Sussex, ICT service manager at Newham, said: "Exchange is
getting old and the hardware is getting old. We know we've got to move but
we have no funding to do so at present.</quote>

It's hard to imagine where he will get the funding from if he continues to
throw money down the drain.

Tony

> Found this http://www.vnunet.com/News/1151880
>
> and I'm wondering, if you think that it sounds like a cop out as well.
>
> The equipment is too old. exchange is getting on. retraining. Lack or
> reduced
> functionality between MSOffice and Openoffice - bleat bleat (pardon the
> cynicism) It just sound's like the ICT man mentioned at the bottom is just
> using money as a reason to be lazy.
>
> regards
>
> John D.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited
http://www.gigaday.com
tony at gigaday.com

"I am a person who recognizes the fallacy of humans."

George W. Bush
September 19, 2000
Comment made on TV talk show, Oprah.