[Sussex] Broadband Linux for Mike Diack!: Was re: a bit of news

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Jul 21 13:10:33 UTC 2004

Gareth

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 12:04:52PM +0100, Gareth Ablett wrote:
> > On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 11:03:36AM +0100, Mike Diack wrote:
> > > Incidentally.... Totally off topic.... Hotmail are doing their upgrade
> > > today....
> > > I've now got a limit of 2000MB (surpassing gmail - which I'm betaing) and
> > > the UI has changed a bit.
> > > Plus I can now send big attachments (just tried sending a 5MB file with
> > > success).
> >
> > In these days of broadband why do you need accounts like Hotmail,
> gmail,...?
>
> two word 'junk mail' I only wish I could get a second home address to do
> the same.

You can.  As you are one broadband (IIRC) then all you need to do is
buy yourself a domain and configure exim (or sendmail or ...) for that
domain - it's not that difficult.  Then you can create as main mail names
as you want.

Note to self: must set up the dev.slash.null at uthink.co.uk mail account :-)