[Sussex] Revamping the SLUG Website

Trevor Marshall trevorm at rusham.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 26 19:38:35 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-07-25 at 22:11, Steve Dobson wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> Today I've been playing with PHP (learning it)

Fun, isn't it...

> and have designed a new
> look for the SLUG website.  I'm not posting this up to anywhere that can
> be seen, but though I would unveil it this Thursday to those that show
> up.
>
> I'm therefore looking for two bits of information from each and everyone
> one this list (not that I expect all the lurkers to unlurk).
>
> Can you submit two bits of information:

</lurk> :-)

Feel free to edit this as you like..

> 1). A brief descriptions of yourself for the "Members" page.

According to the business card I'm a "Principal Software Engineer" for
Thales Training & Simulation.  Until recently I was responsible for the
real-time part of one of our simulator test tools (in a mixture of Java
and C).  Now I'm supposed to be learning about MS Access and supporting
some complex C++ code (not in the same application as the Access code).

I've been at Thales and predecessors for a long time, and I've done a
lot of debugging^Wdevelopment on a lot of platforms - and I reckon that
the Unix way suits me best.

> 2). A brief description of the distribution (or distributions) that
> you use for the distro page.

Currently Debian testing on x86 and PowerPC platforms, and Debian stable
on a (very) old and slow SPARC box (Sun IPC). I've arrived at Debian via
Suse 6/7.n, Redhat 4/5/6.n and an odd version of Slackware that came
'free' with a 'Using Linux' book.

<lurk>

HTH,
--