Why is gnome better? RE: [Sussex] Promoting SLUG

Thomas Adam thomas_adam at bonbon.net
Tue Jun 29 15:58:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 16:52:58 +0100
Geoff Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com> wrote:

> Thomas Adam wrote:
>
> ><snippage>
> >I'm madly in love with 'fvwm' personally. Have been ever since I
> >installed RH4, umm, some time ago. :)
> >

> :-)  That's the power user option.

Indeed.

> We use fvwm2 for our product for various reasons (it's an appliance

You don't need to call it 'fvwm2' anymore. The naming scheme went back
to using 'fvwm' seeing as fvwm1.x is no longer officially supported.

> Many a happy hour has been wasted trying to make it look halfway
> pretty....  the app itself is Gtk2 so there's a reasonable standard
> of presentation to live up to.

Assuming you're using fvwm compiled in with GTK support, it should work
just fine. As for the aesthetics of it, that's down to the individual.
2.5.10 though (so-called 'unstable' release, but that is over
exaggerated) does have a patch for translucency (this is actually in the
CVS version) if you want to "go wild". :)

-- Thomas Adam

--
"Annie Hall leaves New York in the end. Press rewind, and Woody gets her
back again." -- "Look Inside America", Blur.