[Sussex] wireless

Jon Fautley jon at 3ait.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 11:42:35 UTC 2004

Simon Chappell wrote:

> Morning All
>
> Anyone have any suggestion for the easiest pcmcia or usb wireless card..
> I have tried a couple but had so many problems that i had to shelve it.

Any card based on the Lucient Wavelan (orinoco) cards should work fine,
as will any Prism2 cards. We use Sitecom cards, as well as Zoomair and
good old Lucient cards here at work.

I've also used the Dlink DWL-122 USB wireless adapter, they're only
about £20 and work perfectly with the wlan-ng drivers :)
Avoid other DLink stuff, and any other cards claiming '22Mbps' - these
normally use the lame TI chipset which has very very poor driver support
under linux/bsd, but it is getting there.

> Reliability over speed but a G would be nice if it is not too much of
> a climb to install

Not sure about G, ne'er used them... however, I believe they're much
less supported than the b series stuff.

Jon

--
Jon Fautley