[Sussex] It was a good March LUG Moot

Tony Austin tony at gigaday.com
Fri Mar 26 08:16:01 UTC 2004

I would like to offer my thanks once again to the three people who gave
such interesting presentations and others that put effort into making this
happen.

I thought that the idea of presentations instead of just sitting in the
bar was very worthwhile and got a lot out of it personally.  I would think
that it will be hard to keep up the pace that was set last night - nearly
two hours-worth of middle-weight topics.  Come to  that, one hours-worth
with one major topic and a couple of minor topics would probably be easier
to digest anyway.

A few suggestions for next time:-

1.  I know that most of you guys know each other - but, introductions
round the room would be useful for those that don't.
2.  .. giving an opportunity for everyone to spend a moment to say if they
had done anything interesting Linux-wise during the month - we must all
have done _something_.
3.  Time for some (not too insane) discussion on the presentations.
4.  Nerds Corner / Hot Tips = just a place to share some little trick or
tip or bring to light some piece of software or Linux command that not
everyone might know.  Or a snippet of GNU history or gossip.

Regards.

Tony Austin
Gigaday Computing Limited
http://www.gigaday.com