[Sussex] ?utomated dial up

Iain Stevenson iain at iainstevenson.com
Mon May 17 16:32:02 UTC 2004

diald worked very well for me too - until I got ADSL.  I vaguely being
rules in it that you can use to set protocol specific handling.  This is
what I had in diald,conf

mode ppp
fifo /etc/ppp/diald.fifo
connect /etc/ppp/chat_script.diald
#disconnect "chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat_disconnect_script
device /dev/modem
speed 115200
modem
demasq
lock
crtscts
local   192.168.1.254
remote  192.168.0.1
dynamic
defaultroute
redial-timeout 5
#debug 1
include /usr/lib/diald/standard.filter

.. looks like that "standard.filter" is where the rules go ...

  Iain

--On Monday, May 17, 2004 4:56 pm +0100 Scott James <scott at coldcustard.org>