[Sussex] Question re: my presentation

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Fri Nov 5 00:06:45 UTC 2004

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 09:27:08 +0000
Geoff Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com> wrote:

Many thanks to all for their input on this question. It seems overall
that Debian is not that much different from other distros in terms of
setting up dial-up internet.>
> Really Debian, Gentoo, Arch, etc.. are not aimed at novice users and
> so they don't make this stuff blindingly obvious (or indeed install it
> if the user has no need for it).

I hear many people say this about Debian. However, the core theme of my
talk will be that Debian is IMHO an ideal distribution for the
beginner....>