[Sussex] Converting OpenOffice documents to XHTML

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Wed Nov 10 17:29:01 UTC 2004

Geoff

On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 05:21:19PM +0000, Geoff Teale wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 17:12 +0000, Steve Dobson wrote:
> > Geoff
> >
> > Thanks for the advice.  I was unsure and your advice is very welcome.
> >
> > Can you point me at a good howto to get me started on doing this?
>
> Ah, well.. hmm, that depends on your skills.  You can't use PHP AFAIK
> for a start.  Python, Java, C++ of StarBasic are your choices.

Well Java is my lauguage of choice.  I know now that part of OpenOffice
is java based.  On talking him though the install the request for a JRE
came up.

> YOu could always come over to my place one evening and we could work
> through it.

Thanks for the offer, I would like to take you up on that.  If you could
help me develop the structure walker then that would help me out.  I'm
now thinking of an import/export direct to the database - I assume that if
am parsing/generating the documents internal strucutre that I have that
level of control.

So, when are you free?