[Sussex] Converting OpenOffice documents to XHTML

Geoff Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Wed Nov 10 17:34:40 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 17:28 +0000, Steve Dobson wrote:
> Well Java is my lauguage of choice.  I know now that part of OpenOffice
> is java based.  On talking him though the install the request for a JRE
> came up.

None of OOo itself is Java based.  The JRE is required only for the Java
UNO interface and the reports wizard (which is an UNO component, not
part of OOo directly).  It's just that Sun want StarOffice/OOo and Java
to be good friends.

> Thanks for the offer, I would like to take you up on that.  If you could
> help me develop the structure walker then that would help me out.  I'm
> now thinking of an import/export direct to the database - I assume that if
> am parsing/generating the documents internal strucutre that I have that
> level of control.

Yup - OOo even has a data environment you can use to connect to the DB
and update it directly - you could also rebuild the OOo document from
the database if you wanted to ;-)

> So, when are you free?

Erm, well never really ;-)
... but I could do it tonight after about 8ish or Friday night maybe.

--
Geoff Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com>
Cmed Technology