[Sussex] X automatic Login

John D. big-john at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Nov 10 22:16:47 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 15:46, Thomas Adam wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 2004 at 03:43:44PM +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> > I would like to power it up, have it login automatically, start X and
> > load gpsdrive onto my display.
>
> http://linuxgazette.net/issue72/chung.html

Sorry, a little bit of a hijack.

Thomas's reply reminded me, I've still got a few bit's and pieces to
tidy up with this new shiney Gentoo install (various settings and so far
about 100 or so config files to look into :-().

The first one being, where in hells name is the config setting for
evolution so that when I click on a link, the bugger opens a browser?

My previous install of mandrake, links in "evo", automatically opened
epiphany, but this one doesn't (yet), and I'll be blowed if I can find
that as an option.

Could anyone enlighten me?

regards

John D.

p.s. Erm, yes, sorry for the little hijack, I'm just off to cut and past
the link in a bloody browser - that's one of the things the my setup
doesn't do yet (autologin to X, well properly anyway).