[Sussex] fstab and mounting partitions ??

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Thu Nov 11 11:03:59 UTC 2004

On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 11:00:51AM +0000, John D. wrote:

> Well, I must have previously working in a home directory in the /root
> partition, because as soon as I restarted the system, I now have all
> the icons etc that I haven't had since I last had a working version of
> mandrake (the give away being the windows app's that I previously had
> installed under crossover office).

I see what you're saying now. If you login as a non-root user, and PAM
cannot find your $HOME, the CWD will default to being "/". But as you
now have /home mounted on its own partition, none of this matters
anymore. You have all your files back. :)

-- Thomas Adam

--
I know nothing, and understand even less.