[Sussex] Letter... Petition or Letter

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Oct 10 11:00:36 UTC 2004

Nik

On Mon, Oct 11, 2004 at 09:29:09AM +0100, nik wrote:
> Should this letter go as a petition or as a letter ?

A letter.

> Well to be honest youll find that many politicians treat letters from
> individuals with a higher level or personal awareness than a petition,
> actually this tends to go for many people.

I agree, which is why I say a letter.

> so open for debate is , send as a letter or as a petition.

Others are welcome to disagree with me (us) at any time, but they'd
be wrong. :-)

> im going to print, edit and send my own...

I hope you will seek out my (and Mark's if he agrees to let me add
his text) permission as the copyright holders, otherwise you will be
in breach of copyright law.

Here are my thoughts on how to publish this:

1). On Nov 1 the UK Creative Common licenses will be published.
    We place this letter on our site under a CC:UK license (so you'll
    be okay Nik) and encourage people to take a copy, modify it if
    they so want and send it in to there M(E)Ps.

2). We send it in as an open letter to the MPs for Sussex and the
    MEPs for the south-east (and maybe to the leaders of the political
    parties).

3). Gareth, Karl and I talked with the editor of LinuxFormat at the
    LinuxWorld show in London last week.  He as agreed to cover
    print our letter (we can both raise the clubs profile & protest
    against SPs in one action - how's that for multi-tasking :-)

Steve D