[Sussex] X Server problems

Paul Graydon paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Thu Oct 14 16:43:54 UTC 2004

If you've got it running on an i810 be careful with Framebuffers.. And
possibly Vesa drivers?  We had a test box in our office, an off stock
machine based on an i815 mobo, and had hassles with the graphics.  Intel,
being helpful chappies, didn't make the i810 gfx chip Vesa compatible if
memory serves.  It certainly has issues with framebuffer graphics.
If memory serves there is some kind of agp patch and specific kernel driver
you need to use.   I'm sorry, this probably isn't too helpful, I'll have a
dig around and see if I can find the information I was running from last
time I faced this.