[Sussex] New & fairly incompetent Linux user

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 11:10:09 UTC 2004

I've only ever used wvdial (a while back too, I have an ADSL router
now), but it could be because of your disconnect after idle setting.
Try checking that. As for resolv.conf, it shouldn't cause a problem
unless KPPP is overwriting it with something incorrect, which is
unlikely because it'd be using the DNS servers provided by the ISP
during negotiation, check it before and after connecting to be sure...
You'd be able to ping IP addresses even if it was incorrect.

Others may have some better ideas,
Alan