[Sussex] Distros

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Mon Apr 4 17:35:00 UTC 2005

Salut LUG!

On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 06:04:49PM +0100, Geoffrey J. Teale wrote:
> The difference is that debian make compromises in software freedom for
> reasons of convenience,

non-free and contrib aren't parts of Debian proper.  I'm not quite sure
where else you mean that Debian compromises.

> the FSF make compromises with documentation freedom because the law
> demands it for certain uses.

Well come on, even the FSF webpage says you should use it for propaganda
so you may as well own up to it ;)

Quote from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html:
	When a section discusses the philosophy of free software, it is
	a good idea to make that section invariant. For instance, when
	we put the GNU Manifesto in a manual, or when we include a
	section explaining why free documentation is important, we make
	that section invariant.

Simon

--
... "Be wewy wewy careful. There be dragons here." -- Linus Torvalds