[Sussex] thunderbird and firefox

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Tue Apr 5 14:08:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:54:13PM +0100, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> Anyone know what determines the app thunderbird uses to open http://
> urls? I must have configured it to use epiphany when I broke firefox
> last week, but now I've fixed firefox and want it back...

This is one of GNOME's "good" ideas to use gconf -- a state-enabled
configuration means so that commonality is shared between applications
in terms of preferences.  Only thing is, it sucks and works peacemeal at
best.

> - The GNOME 'Preferred Applications' tool and also the GNOME registry
> both say 'firefox' - I can't find anything to configure re this
> problem in thunderbird.

Well, I'd imagine it is probably a facet of Thnderbird more than
anything else.  I'd certainly look there -- your GNOME settings would
indicate everything is OK.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"