[Sussex] Linus get's bitten on the arse

Geoffrey J. Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Fri Apr 8 08:35:01 UTC 2005

Ronan Chilvers <ronan at thelittledot.com> writes:
> But is tla up to the job of maintaining such a massive codebase?  Its
> development has had a slightly chequered history - wasn't there a hoohah
> among the lead developers at one point - which resulted in a rather
> grudging branch I seem to remember?

Dunno about the branch (I don't take that active an interest in GNU
Arch's development), the only real issue I can see is the repository
size.  Arch repositories can get really big :-(   Maybe this whole
problem will spur someone to write something better.

> Just curious - never used tla properly although had a peek at it a while
> back.

It's a bit of a brain-strain if you're used to the CVS/Subversion
model of source control (even more so if you've only ever used
something god-aweful like Microsoft's Visual SourceSafe).

--
Geoff Teale
CMed Technology            -   gteale at cmedresearch.com
Free Software Foundation   -   tealeg at member.fsf.org