[Sussex] CD-R in Ubuntu

Thomas Adam thomas at edulinux.homeunix.org
Sat Apr 16 00:00:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 12:47:24AM +0100, Gavin Stevens wrote:
> My /etc/fstab looks like this:
>
> /dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 udf,iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0

> Is this right for the CD? I keep having a thought that there was
> another file that I edited when I had Debian, when SCSI emulation was
> needed, but I can't remember what it was.

Assuming /dev/hdc is both a CD and a CDRW then it is incorrect.  I would
seriously let Linux work out which FS it is mounting, hence that line
becomes:

/dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 auto rw,user,noauto 0 0

You don't mention which kernel your using, which would help a lot.  In
fact, it's paramount.

-- Thomas Adam

--
"One of us is a cigar stand, and one of us is a lovely blue incandescent
guillotine" -- Stephen Malkmus, "Type Slowly" from "Brighten The Corners"