[Sussex] Cleaning recommendation?

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 23:39:28 UTC 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 07:10:25PM +0100, Fleming, Frances wrote:

> Hi there, all ...
>
> I've just spent a **delightful** weekend cleaning fine, pink brick dust
> from EVERY surface and EVERY crevice FROM DAWN 'TIL DUSK  - - - and
> beyond 8(
>
> Unfortunately, I did start two of my computers up before starting the
> cleaning, i.e. when the carpet and tables were still dusty, and only
> when I got to work today, did someone suggest they were probably chock
> full of the stuff :(
>
> But I haven't dared open any of them up yet. What might I find?
>
> What does anyone think I should best do? Paintbrush and vacuum combo or
> compressed aerosol or what?

Compressed aerosol cans are sort of fun. We have/sell them at work
(well, my Saturday job), a few weeks ago we managed to accidentally
blow one up in the workshop... It's left a pretty dodgy looking white
stain all over part of the workshop wall :O. When we get bored we try
to make icicles, or just sneak up on each other and spray the earlobe
(they're pretty cold at close range).

Aerosol to dislodge and then vacuum cleaner tool to get it out of the
case is my favorite way of doing it. Just a vacuum cleaner is probably
sufficient, a paint brush seems a little excessive to me. :) Outside
or in a garage is a good idea too.

Alan