[Sussex] CD-R in Ubuntu

Gavin Stevens starshine at gavmusic.uklinux.net
Mon Apr 18 23:56:31 UTC 2005

Angelo.

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:47:06 +0100
"Angelo Servini" <Angelo.Servini at claybrook.co.uk> wrote:

> I know that this might not be the answer you are looking for, but
> using latest hoary, k3b works for me.  :)

OK, so you're the second person this evening who's mentioned k3b, the
other being a SUSE devotee at Heathfield Choral Society.

The way things are going with CD writing at the moment, I might just be
tempted to give it a look, although I hesitate to allow anything KDE
onto my system (bad past experiences). However, it could be a chance for
KDE to redeem itself...

Also, I've got some weird stuff going on with wave file sizes: I have
audio tracks that are 1:11:07 duration in total. The total size of all
14 tracks together should be around 620-630 MB for standard wave files.
Nautilus is reporting the size as 719 MB.

I need to find the cause of this before I do anything else. Audacity
seems consistent in writing wave files, XMMS reports the correct timing
for the tracks. I'll try getting the size on a terminal next & see what
that says.

Gavin.