[Sussex] RE: Cleaning recommendation?

Fleming, Frances Frances.Fleming at edfenergy.com
Tue Apr 19 19:03:29 UTC 2005

Well, Hi again!

My thanks to everyone who responded with helpful tips:

I've already damp-dusted the few floppies and vacuumed them front and
back. I haven't tested them yet (don't want to use any machines)

I'll get a compressed air can from a photography shop if I can find
one in Crawley (thanks Geoffrey), and use it in conjunction with the
vacuum (thanks Geoffrey).

Then to avoid the EM (thanks Steve), I'll use the big vacuum as it's
got a hose and I can keep the motor at a distance - rather than my
brand new cordless B&D Dustbuster (bought at the weekend to tackle the
cleaning, and which I would have used on the computers if I hadn't
been warned).

Also, I **WILL** be careful of the jumpers, plugs and switches (thanks
Colin).

I'd better unclip the fans (I think I can identify them) and the cd/dvd
drives (thanks Colin/Gareth) to make sure I get all the dust out (it
really was VERY, VERY fine, and so much of it. It's a 120 year-old,
solid Victorian house with double leaf brick interior walls. <groan>And
well-ventilated doors</groan>)

Carting the boxes outside is a must (Alan) otherwise I will be
transferring the dust from one to the other :)

I don't know what the temps should be, Gareth, none of my machines are
very powerful.

Finally, Colin, why should I carry the mains leads out into the yard
to reattach to the PCs if they are not going to be switched on? Will
it make a difference?

I shall leave all this until next weekend and knuckle down to it then.

Again, thanks very much; it seemed a daunting task on my own, but you've

helped.

Best regards,
Frances

EDF Energy plc internet e-mail disclaimer
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be protected by legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.
This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but the internet is inherently insecure and EDF
Energy plc cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this message or its attachments. No employee
or agent of EDF Energy plc or any related company is authorised to conclude any binding agreement on
behalf of EDF Energy plc or any related company by e-mail. All e-mails sent and received by EDF Energy
plc are monitored to ensure compliance with the company's information security policy.