[Sussex] NTL broadband speed up

Andrew Guard andrew at andrewguard.com
Thu Aug 11 22:27:31 UTC 2005

> Hi
>
> On 6:21:23 pm 08/08/2005 Andrew Guard <andrew at andrewguard.com> wrote:
>> The Merger for them makes sence, do understand why some people
>
> ooh good, even more regions with wildly incompatible cable services all
> pretending to be one company :(
>
>> On another subject I would rather go for unlimited bandwidth, it make
>> more sence in long run.
>
> So would all users, but it won't happen ;)

Now it Telewest turn.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/08/11/telewest_broadband/

"We're making 2Mb our minimum speed and we'll also be offering a choice of
affordable 4Mb and 10Mb services for more demanding internet users.

"What's more, our customers will be able to make full use of this extra
bandwidth because we won't be introducing caps and all the new speeds will
be available across the network."

Also I been reading up about the new updated system DOCSIS 3.0 and wow,
200 Mbps Download/ 100 Mbps Upload per user. ASDL2 sounds way slow at
24MBps Download.

Also I have tryed 4 Mbps on Telewest already and it works, I got transfers
just over 4 Mbps.

--
This e-mail has been edited with a webmail service.