[Sussex] SuSE 9.3 - a little "flakey" perhaps ???

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 20:00:41 UTC 2005

Hi list,

In my continuing search for the "perfect" distro (IMO of course), I'm
pretty happy with this SuSE 9.3 that I got from Dave C.

Sometimes, for reasons that I don't understand, when I try to open an
oft' used app, it gives all indications that it's starting, but will
then just stop i.e. it doesn't crash or at least give any indications of
problems, the rotating hourglas just disappears.

This has happened mostly with Firefox and Amarok (occassionally Opera
and a few other apps). The only thing that they have in common is that I
have them installed as far as I can see..

So where should I start looking to see if this is an issue that I could
prevent/sort out/correct etc ???

regards

John