[Sussex] Removing backports

Ronan Chilvers ronan at thelittledot.com
Fri Aug 12 20:10:27 UTC 2005

Hi folks

Having now had enough random crashes to last me a lifetime, I'd like to
revert back to mainstream Ubuntu after using backports.  Firefox
segfaults, nautlius keeps crashing, gnome-panel is up and down
like the proverbial undergarments of a lady of the night and sylpheed
crashes randomly on mail retrieval. Before I started tracking ubuntu
backports, all was solid as a rock. I'm not used to crashes with
debian!!!  I want to go home!!!!!!!!!

Haven't actually installed any new apps from backports, only upgraded
what I had. Anyone got a quick howto on de-backporting my laptop back
to the hoary mainstream distribution?

Cheers

Ronan