[Sussex] SuSE 9.3 installing stuff thats not an RPM ???

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 21:12:39 UTC 2005

If I want to install stuff that comes in RPM form it's very straight
forward, but what about stuff that isn't????? because after Frances'
excellent explaination of how to decypher LXF tutorials I'm trying to
have a go at following the GIMP tutorials.

So having dug out the back issues (right the way back to issue 38 -
nearly two and a half years worth) I've found that their articles aren't
as helpful as they might be (they're supposed to be n00b level).

The second article in the series says that some of the facilities
described aren't in the "stock GIMP" but are available at the
gimp-registry. Ok so I've found the one that they are referring too, but
it comes as a .bz2 file.

So does anyone know how I'd install that using YaST ?????

regards

John D.