[Sussex] More confusion with linux apps (nothing new there!).

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Wed Aug 17 19:55:26 UTC 2005

hi list,

After more recent (and unresolved) struggles, I thought it might be
prudent to have an up to date copy of a distro burned and ready to go,
for when I finally loose patience with SuSE.

The download of gentoo has been fine, it "md5sums" correctly, but as
seems usual, I'm getting lost in the jungle of apps, acronyms, jargon etc.

If I open k3b to burn the discs, select the iso to burn and hit OK
(leaving everything else at "auto") it hangs.

Where am I likely to find the log file(s) that might tell me whats going
on ?

regards

John D.

p.s. Oh and someone at a forum suggest that it might be sensible to try
Kanotics as it's debian based, uses "proper debian" repositories for
APT, plus a few other positives. Has anyone heard/tried it ???