[Sussex] More confusion with linux apps (nothing new there!).

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Wed Aug 17 23:41:15 UTC 2005

Hi

On 8:25:27 pm 17/08/2005 "John D." <john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> Where am I likely to find the log file(s) that might tell me whats
> going on ?

Most likely /var/log/messages or /var/log/syslog depending on how gentoo
does its logging.

> try Kanotics as it's debian based, uses "proper debian" repositories
> for APT, plus a few other positives. Has anyone heard/tried it ???

Have you tried Ubuntu? It's a very nice distro, simple to use and still
Debian under the hood if you want to mess around with it. Probably more
support and better features than smaller debian based things (or if the K
signifies you are a KDE person, there's Kubuntu, which is a semi-official
alternative version that has KDE as the default desktop instead of gnome).

Cheers,
---
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net