[Sussex] More confusion with linux apps (nothing new there!).

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 18 09:38:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-17 at 20:25 +0100, John D. wrote:
> hi list,
>
> After more recent (and unresolved) struggles, I thought it might be
> prudent to have an up to date copy of a distro burned and ready to go,
> for when I finally loose patience with SuSE.
>
> The download of gentoo has been fine,

Back to Gentoo John? Good move.

>  it "md5sums" correctly, but as
> seems usual, I'm getting lost in the of apps, acronyms, jargon etc.
>
> If I open k3b to burn the discs, select the iso to burn and hit OK
> (leaving everything else at "auto") it hangs.

Let me know what you want John and I'll burn it for you. Alternatively,
you could bring your PC round one day and we'll do the install here from
my local Gentoo rsync server - save your bandwidth. I've recently
re-installed Gentoo on my notebook, and it's working a treat.

Steve W.