[Sussex] Email processing scripts

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Fri Aug 19 14:02:02 UTC 2005

Dear Disgusted (of Tunbridge Wells)

On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 02:42:53PM +0100, G.J.Teale wrote:
> On 2005-08-19 14:37:06 +0100 Jon Fautley <jfautley at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >I've done the latter. Perl is your friend. You probably want to google
> >on MIME::Parser, and I think Crypt::OpenPGP for the GPG/PGP stuff.
>
> How rude!
>
> I feel I must step in and defend Steve's honour.  Suggesting that
> Steve would be friends with anything quite so foul as Perl is really
> beyond the pale!
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> Disgusted (of Tunbridge Wells).

Thank you for your support in asserting that I would want to be on
friendly terms with Perl (as suggested by Misguided of RedHat).  You
are, of course, quite correct in this matter, I would never stoop so
low.  While I'm sure some people get on well with Miss Perl I am *not*
one of those folks.

I have been told of would be friends that might be able to help me
in my quest.  smime(1) and munpack(1), being associates of Mr. Command
Line I would get on very well with them, but as yet haven't ascertained
if they will be have the necessary skills for my endeavours.

Yours
Shocked of Eastbourne
--
C makes it easy for you to shoot yourself in the foot.  C++ makes that
harder, but when you do, it blows away your whole leg.