[Sussex] Spam filter in Evolution

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Tue Dec 6 09:52:42 UTC 2005

Desmond Armstrong wrote:
> Like many I am getting many spam.
> It seems to me that there is only one way to stop it.
> The ISPs have got to wake up and use the dynamic blocking lists which
> are freely available from www.spamcop.net and from others.
> The use of a dynamic list means that spam should and can be kept out of
> one's email inbox and simply put in a spam box for automatic deletion
> after a week or so.

NO! The dynamic lists are evil.

They don't accept updates from people and thus are always out of date. More
importantly they block legitimate people like me who run proper mail servers
on cable broadband.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Common Sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - A.
Einstein