[Sussex] ISP recommendation

Alan Pope alan.pope at gmail.com
Fri Dec 30 10:01:17 UTC 2005

On 30/12/05, Dominic Humphries <linux at oneandoneis2.org> wrote:
> Ideally, we'd like a static IP address and an unlimited (or very high) download
> limit (I use Gentoo, gf uses BSD). And a connection that's faster than 512K, or
> it won't feel like an upgrade :o)
>
> Any recommendations?

I use UKFSN (UK Free Software Network) which is run by Jason Clifford.
They are a reseller for another ISP called Enta.net. They set your
connection as fast as the line will go for no extra cost, and have
lots of plans including static IP, unlimited bandwidth, or limited but
very high. I'm on the limited but very high and it really is quite
high indeed.

The Hants LUG have a page listing Linux friendly ISPs [2] which may
also be handy.

Cheers,
Al.

[1] http://ukfsn.org/