[Sussex] Does anyone know when/if the next issue of Linux Format is due out?

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 15:01:14 UTC 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:06:59 -0000, Mike Diack <mike_diack at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> See subject.
>
> (By the way - am feeling increasingly lonesome as a Mandrake user - with
> all this talk of Ubuntu etc).
> (Does anyone else on the list use Mandrake?)

I stopped using mandrake, because whenever I tried to do an upgrade, it
ALWAYS failed. I ended up doing fresh installs.

Hence gentoo has become "the way ahead" for me, though by the time I reach
the age of 97, I might actually know about 1% of what Geoff does :D

Plus, while I did like the way URPMI worked, when I occassionally tried to
install non mandrake RPMs I always ended up in dependency hell! Whereas
I've had only very
minor issues with portage - sure the compile can take a while, but I don't
run that when I want to use the machine (although I could do, easily).

regards

John D.