[Sussex] Does anyone know when/if the next issue of Linux Formatis due out?

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Feb 12 14:49:11 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 20:43:12 +0000, Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> Thomas
>
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 06:52:35PM +0000, Thomas Adam wrote:
>> Further to your comment about icons -- yes, XEmacs does have an toolbar
>> that you can use.  Might I suggest taking a moment, after it has loaded,
>> doing the internal tutorial -- it's interesting.
>
> So does GNU Emacs now - the difference between them in terms of eye
> candy is not that much today.  Although I agreed with you, Thomas,
> a few years ago it was different - which is why I was a XEmacs user
> back then too.
> John:  I would suggest that you go with GNU Emacs rather than XEmacs,
> but the choice is yours.

Damn, I was just getting into the confusion of the help tutorial as well.
;)

Not a problem though. Ha daft really as I don't do file
writing/modification type stuff - I still seem to have too much "user
learning" type stuff to get my head round.

It's just that this presents the opportunity to learn a "proper" editor,
and some nice LXF produced tutorials to follow, I might actually have a
slim chance of understanding what I'm doing, we'll see :D

regards

John D.