[Sussex] Bloody Gnome problems

Geoffrey Teale gteale at cmedltd.com
Fri Feb 18 10:24:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 09:57 +0000, Angelo Servini wrote:
> Cheers Geoff
>
> in trying to start gnome-panel it errored as "not found" a quick apt-get install solved the problem. I now have taskbars and menus again.

Good stuff.

> Ubuntu.  I think the screensavers may have done the dirty, as one of them caused the screen display to fragment.  Even though it was not very readable, I managed a warm reboot from the menu.

It sounds like something or someone had apt-get removed gnome-panel, or
stomped on it.  Dodgy - we have many Ubuntu boxen and I've never seen
that, I'm afraid I'm inclined to lean towards P.E.B.K.A.C. :-)

> There's no such thing as a free lunch.
>                 -- Milton Friendman

I'm not sure he's the originator of that quote - but if so it's about
the only defensible things he ever did say.

--
Geoffrey Teale <gteale at cmedltd.com>
Cmed Technology