[Sussex] HostAP Drivers and DHCP

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sat Feb 26 17:18:47 UTC 2005

Matthew

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 05:09:30PM +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> I'm trying to get my laptop working with a Prism3 card.  The only
> drivers that seem to work properly and detect the card are the HostAP
> Drivers, however I can't get an IP Address from my WRT54G.

I have a Prism 2 card in my Sorkris net4801 working as a AP without
problem.

> I've got iface_wlan0 set to dhcp, but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> Any ideas are greatly appreciated,

Use "iwconfig" to check that your WiFi card is accessing your AP.

If it isn't assocated with your AP and you're using PCMCIA, rather
than USB or built in check /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opt  In mine there
was a "*,*,*,*)" case clause that needed to be deleted before the
"any,*,*,*)" clause would take effect.