[Sussex] HostAP Drivers and DHCP

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sat Feb 26 20:02:40 UTC 2005

On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 17:18:45 +0000
Steve Dobson <steve at dobson.org> wrote:

> Matthew
>
> On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 05:09:30PM +0000, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace
wrote:
> > I'm trying to get my laptop working with a Prism3 card.  The only
> > drivers that seem to work properly and detect the card are the
HostAP
> > Drivers, however I can't get an IP Address from my WRT54G.
>
> I have a Prism 2 card in my Sorkris net4801 working as a AP without
> problem.
>
> > I've got iface_wlan0 set to dhcp, but it doesn't seem to work.
> >
> > Any ideas are greatly appreciated,
>
> Use "iwconfig" to check that your WiFi card is accessing your AP.
>
> If it isn't assocated with your AP and you're using PCMCIA, rather
> than USB or built in check /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opt  In mine there
> was a "*,*,*,*)" case clause that needed to be deleted before the
> "any,*,*,*)" clause would take effect.

OK, I've edited /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts so the first statement now
reads as above, still no joy though.

I pick up the AP fine, it just won't get an IP, even though Kismet is
able to give me the IP Address Range.

Please note that I am using hostAP on the _Client_ device (a laptop
using a seano card from solwise and the hostap_cs modules), I am not
setting up and access point.

Regards,

Matt