[Sussex] The gadget show?

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Feb 26 17:19:59 UTC 2005

Steve Dobson wrote:

-----%<-----

>Symbian is not an open source (to the best of my knowledge).  It is the
>new name for the PsionOS.

That's pretty much what I thought Steve, not having read/heard anything
about "them" releasing it GPL.

Perhaps the bloke who presented the report was alluding to the necessity
of using open source app's to break down the current "walled garden" of
proprietary app's offered with mobile devices at the moment.

I for one, would be happy to bin the PocketPC from my smartphone if I
could - It may be "do-able", but not by me - rather over my head!

regards

John D.