[Sussex] HOSTAP Drivers - The story so far:

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sun Feb 27 09:22:52 UTC 2005

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 01:16:58 -0000
"Paul" <reality at dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> Matt,
>
> If you have the new Senao "Mercury" cards (Prism 3) then you need to edit
> the manfid info etc, for it to work. Your problem may be that it's treating
> the card as an older Prism 2.5 card.
> This is what you need to add to hostap_cs.conf ...
>
> card "SENAO MERCURY"
> version "WLAN", "11Mbps_PC-Card_3.0", "ISL37100P", "Eval-RevA"
> manfid 0x000b, 0x7100
> bind "hostap_cs"

This has been done.

OK, This is where I currently stand:

Setting everything Manually (using iwpriv, iwconfig and ifconfig) works fine, however I can't ping the WRT54G even with a manual IP
Kismet picks up the ESSID, the IP Range from the DHCP Server and tells me that there is no WEP enabled
Inserting the card installs the correct modules and starts scanning for the nearest AP, it finds it, picks up the ESSID and other parameters fine.
It still will not find the IP Address.

in /etc/conf.d/net I have set iface_wlan0="dhcp"
in /etc/pcmcia/network.opts I have enabled dhcp
in /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts I have set the mode to ad-hoc and the rate to auto

It still won't pick up an IP Address

/var/log/messages even says that it's sent a broadcast packet for the DHCP server, but still no IP Address, evern though it's only a few feet from the AP with a 3dB omni attached to it!

I've tried everything here, I'm really starting to lose it! :)

All ideas to the usual address,

Matt