[Sussex] Broadband migration - what a bloody nuisance!

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Mon Jan 10 21:48:20 UTC 2005

> Funny old game this broadband migration. That's twice now that my
> migration request has been refused.
>
> Perhaps I'm missing something here.

Has your broadband provider given you your CBUK number?

I've no idea whether this is the MAC, but I have my CBUK number but BT
never got their finger out and eclipse had to give up in the end.

> The difficulty is, is that there seems to be a wall of ignorance.

I think that is called the Wall of Incompetance.

> I'm quite happy to admit, that I may well have missed something
> completely, but as I've already passed "them" the MAC from pipex, surely
> it's supposed to be a case of switching off one service and firing up
> another!

This is how its supposed to work: BT simply switches your connection from
their switch centre and you get the next supplier.

I guess the MAC is a protection to stop someone hijacking your line and
pointing it somewhere else. Though its a complete mystery to me why you
can't do it yourself.

--
John