[Sussex] Partitions and the like (curious windows behaviour).

Alan F alan at slug.greenmeads.co.uk
Tue Jan 18 22:37:39 UTC 2005

On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:24:34PM +0000, John D. wrote:
> So great, I can now rip my cd's and save/play them from the new /fat32
> partition, the only problem is that when I have to have the system back
> into windows, if I look at the disc set up with Partition Magic, it
> shows the fat32 partition fine, but windows doesn't seem to see the
> partition and hasn't allocated it a drive letter etc etc.
>
> So, does anyone know how to make XP home (sp2) see the partition, which
> was afterall created with PM8 under XP ???

In partition magic, right click on the partition and look at the
advanced options. I seem to vaguely recall options to the effect of
giving it a drive letter, unhiding it etc... This is all from memory,
I've since moved the HD with all my MP3's and such into my server box
which shares them over NFS and samba, for a much nicer cross platform
filing system. :-)

Hope This Helps,
Alan