[Sussex] Linux and laptops

Ben Gr0ss forgottendruid at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 21 14:33:45 UTC 2005

Hi, I just joined the list, I live in East Sussex now,
and have been trying to get linux on my laptop.
Mandrake wouldn't load, I couldnt get Debian to load
properly,
I just triede Ubuntu this morning, it loads fine.

The Mandrake geeks tell me I must have memory
problems, I did a memory test and it says I do, I will
replace the chip with a spare and see if mandrake will
install, but I am impressed with Ubuntu and am install
it on the other computers.

Anybody else have experience with linux and laptops?
I am thinking about attending the moot.

Ben

=====
~my new web site: www.geocities.com/forgottendruid~