[Sussex] Apache throttling/fair use

Steve Dobson steve at dobson.org
Sun Jan 23 21:55:16 UTC 2005

Guys

I'm building a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP) server system for a
client, all okay so far (if not as fast as I would like).   One of the
things we would like the server to do is stop a user of the site from
using wget (or something like it) to grab each page.  This would be
a volition of the content copyright.

Do any of you know of a apache module that I could use to monitor (or
two) that I could use to do the following (or part there of):

1). Limit the number of pages downloaded per time period,

2). Stop web crawlers (like wget) from just grabbing the site's
    content.

Ta