[Sussex] How do I .........

John D. john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 03:59:10 UTC 2005

Find out exactly what package a library comes from?

I like to play backgammon. GNUBG is rather good. Their site even has a
SuSEised rpm, but it was produced with SEL (SuSE Enterprise Linux). So
if I install "it" via the YAST tool, I'm getting hit with a dependency
problem (which I thought that YAST was supposed to sort out). The
library is libgtkglext.so.??? (there was 1 or 2 other bits that followed
the .so bit that I can't recall).

I've tried searching at rpmfinder (or was it called rpmseek?? don't
remember), but this doesn't highlight which package the lib comes from.
If I can find that, I should be able to install it (erm, I think!). I
seem to have gtk, versions 1 and 2 installed, but not the whole of gnome
(my last install efforts seem to have worked out OK, but I didn't see
any point in installing gnome as I just can't get on with it).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

regards

John D.