[Sussex] UK Schools told OSS

paul at paulgraydon.co.uk paul at paulgraydon.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 15:28:33 UTC 2005

Wow... how slow is the BBC.  That report was pulished, what, a month
ago?
You can view the entire report here:
http://www.becta.org.uk/corporate/publications/documents/BEC5606_Case_St
udy_16.pdf
I've had a copy sitting on my desk at work for a few weeks certainly :-)
The cost savings in the report are rather eye opening for the
unbelievers in open source software.  That combined with a demonstration
is good for encouraging a switch to Linux / OSS in schools.  At least
one secondary school near here uses OpenOffice.org, so I'm told.