[Sussex] Cryptography, Cryptology and Ciphers...

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace matthew at truthisfreedom.org.uk
Sun Jul 3 18:28:42 UTC 2005

All,

Does anyone know of a good tutorial or book on basic encryption
techniques?  I need the real basics here, and if that means that I need
to buy a maths book and learn from GCSE upwards (I've currently got a
grade C, and that was nearly 5 years ago...), then so be it.

I understand things like the Caesar-cipher and the concept of
one-time-pads, but apart from that, I really am at the beginnings of
this.

Please understand that at the moment, I don't want to write programs
that will encrypt, I want the under-pinning knowledge and a solid base
on which to build.

TIA,

Matt