[Sussex] Cryptography, Cryptology and Ciphers...

Colin Tuckley colin at tuckley.org
Sun Jul 3 20:08:42 UTC 2005

Matthew Macdonald-Wallace wrote:
> All,
>
> Does anyone know of a good tutorial or book on basic encryption
> techniques?  I need the real basics here, and if that means that I need
> to buy a maths book and learn from GCSE upwards (I've currently got a
> grade C, and that was nearly 5 years ago...), then so be it.

Try reading "The Code Book" by Simon Singh, it's a good introduction to
cryptography from both the historical and the technical level.

Colin

--
Colin Tuckley      |  colin at tuckley.org  |  PGP/GnuPG Key Id
+44(0)1903 236872  |  +44(0)7799 143369  |     0x1B3045CE

Common Sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen. - A.
Einstein