[Sussex] Cryptography, Cryptology and Ciphers...

John Crowhurst fyremoon at fyremoon.net
Sun Jul 3 19:46:51 UTC 2005

On Sun, July 3, 2005 20:27, Matthew Macdonald-Wallace said:
> All,
>
> Does anyone know of a good tutorial or book on basic encryption
> techniques?  I need the real basics here, and if that means that I need
> to buy a maths book and learn from GCSE upwards (I've currently got a
> grade C, and that was nearly 5 years ago...), then so be it.

Now I threw this into google, and the first item was:
Learn Encryption Techniques with BASIC and C++ (Paperback)
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1556225989/102-6699195-0993716?v=glance

Now, webmonkey have a tutorial on how to use various types of encryption
with PHP here:
http://webmonkey.wired.com/webmonkey/programming/php/tutorials/tutorial1.html

The RSA Crypto FAQ expains in depth the various cryptographic algorithms
in use today: http://www.rsasecurity.com/rsalabs/node.asp?id=2152

--
John