[Sussex] continuing difficulties with Samba.

Chris Jones cmsj at tenshu.net
Fri Jul 29 20:19:07 UTC 2005

Hi

On 12:17:39 am 29/07/2005 "John D." <john at johnsemail.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> does anyone know of some sort of check list of the thing that I
> should check to work through this problem? I perhaps could guide me
> through that ???

Have you read this?
http://sambafr.idealx.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/simple.html

(weird URL, but it's just a french mirror of samba.org)

It's a pretty good walkthrough of the concepts and implementation of a
simple samba network.

I thoroughly recommend it as a "learn by doing" introduction to Samba in
partnership with the Official HOWTO (also on samba.org) for reference. They
are both available in friendly book form too :)

The same guide also covers small office style networks with user management
right up to large scale backoffice stuff with LDAP.

Cheers,
---
Chris Jones
  cmsj at tenshu.net