[Sussex] MythTV and Ideq IR sensor

Stephen Williams sdp.williams at btinternet.com
Sun Jun 5 14:05:08 UTC 2005

Roy,

According to the Ideq manual and Biostar web site, the only IR Remote
that works with the built in IR sensor is their own model, available as
an extra.

The PVR-350 IR Remote works well with the PVR-350 IR sensor, but not
with the built in sensor. Shame, as the PVR-350 IR Sensor is a bit Heath
Robinson.

I suspect the built in Ideq IR sensor is similar to the PVR IR sensor,
but there isn't any support in the kernel for it, and no add on driver
that I can find. I've tried hacking the I2C kernel stuff, but no joy.
I'm stuck with the PVR-350 IR sensor.

Steve.